Ptechhub
  • News
  • Industries
    • Enterprise IT
    • AI & ML
    • Cybersecurity
    • Finance
    • Telco
  • Brand Hub
    • Lifesight
  • Blogs
No Result
View All Result
  • News
  • Industries
    • Enterprise IT
    • AI & ML
    • Cybersecurity
    • Finance
    • Telco
  • Brand Hub
    • Lifesight
  • Blogs
No Result
View All Result
PtechHub
No Result
View All Result

Ron Baron says he won’t sell a single personal Tesla share amid the EV play’s big decline

By CNBC by By CNBC
March 11, 2025
Home Finance
Share on FacebookShare on Twitter


Ron Baron, founder of Baron Capital.

Anjali Sundaram | CNBC

Billionaire investor Ron Baron is standing by Elon Musk’s Tesla even in the face of its dramatic sell-off. The stock plunged 15% on Monday, its biggest one-day loss since September 2020.

“I can’t believe how cheap they are, things that we look at,” Baron said on CNBC’s “Squawk Box” Tuesday. “I was thinking we would make four times over the next 10 years. I think we’re gonna make more than that now from these prices.”

The Baron Capital chair and CEO first invested $400 million in Tesla between 2014 and 2016, and that early bet has made him billions of dollars as the EV company gained mainstream acceptance. Tesla represented 12% of Baron’s entire portfolio across different funds at the end of 2024.

Tesla shares have been on a roiller coaster ride since Musk went to Washington, D.C. to take on a major role in the second Trump White House. Tesla just suffered a seventh straight week of losses, its longest weekly decline since debuting on the Nasdaq in 2010.

Stock Chart IconStock chart icon

Tesla shares in 2025.

Baron Capital trimmed its Tesla position in the second quarter last year because the holding had gotten too big in its portfolio. Baron vowed that his personal Tesla shares would be the last he would touch when it comes to portfolio management.

“I’m the last in, I’ll be the last out. So I won’t sell a single share personally until I sell all the shares for clients, and that’s what I’ve done,” he said.

Musk admitted Monday he is running his businesses “with great difficulty,” as he took on the role of heading Trump’s advisory Department of Government Efficiency, which is engaged in a broad, controversial effort to reduce federal government spending and slash employee headcount at dozens of agencies.

“I would hope that he would be a little less visible, but he feels that this is the way he’s going to get things done,” Baron said of the 53-year-old Musk. “He is more charged up about his business now than he’s ever been.”



Source link

Tags: Breaking News: BusinessBreaking News: InvestingBreaking News: Marketsbusiness newselon muskInvestment strategyMarketsStock marketsTesla IncWall Street
By CNBC

By CNBC

Next Post
Huawei lanza la solución FTTO 2.0 mejorada para ayudar a los campus a realizar una transformación inteligente

Huawei lanza la solución FTTO 2.0 mejorada para ayudar a los campus a realizar una transformación inteligente

Recommended.

Bell Announces Offering of US.25 billion aggregate principal amount of Hybrid Notes

Bell Announces Offering of US$2.25 billion aggregate principal amount of Hybrid Notes

February 13, 2025
[MWC 2026] GlobalData vydáva bielu knihu o vývoji hlasových služieb v ére AI

[MWC 2026] GlobalData vydáva bielu knihu o vývoji hlasových služieb v ére AI

March 13, 2026

Trending.

Spirit of openness helps banks get serious about stopping scams | Computer Weekly

Spirit of openness helps banks get serious about stopping scams | Computer Weekly

April 10, 2025
Microsoft Q3 Earnings Preview: What To Watch On Azure, Copilot, OpenAI

Microsoft Q3 Earnings Preview: What To Watch On Azure, Copilot, OpenAI

April 29, 2026
Weibo Publishes 2025 Environmental, Social and Governance Report

Weibo Publishes 2025 Environmental, Social and Governance Report

April 28, 2026
It Takes 2 Minutes to Hack the EU’s New Age-Verification App

It Takes 2 Minutes to Hack the EU’s New Age-Verification App

April 18, 2026
Chunghwa Telecom 2025 Form 20-F filed with the U.S. SEC

Chunghwa Telecom 2025 Form 20-F filed with the U.S. SEC

April 15, 2026

PTechHub

A tech news platform delivering fresh perspectives, critical insights, and in-depth reporting — beyond the buzz. We cover innovation, policy, and digital culture with clarity, independence, and a sharp editorial edge.

Follow Us

Industries

  • AI & ML
  • Cybersecurity
  • Enterprise IT
  • Finance
  • Telco

Navigation

  • About
  • Advertise
  • Privacy & Policy
  • Contact

Subscribe to Our Newsletter

  • About
  • Advertise
  • Privacy & Policy
  • Contact

Copyright © 2025 | Powered By Porpholio

No Result
View All Result
  • News
  • Industries
    • Enterprise IT
    • AI & ML
    • Cybersecurity
    • Finance
    • Telco
  • Brand Hub
    • Lifesight
  • Blogs

Copyright © 2025 | Powered By Porpholio